How to use your shims
- To angle the arm rests only – If you have the traditional twin podium arrangement you can order our shims to be used to tilt your arm rests (check compatibility with your base bar in the D2Z USP Compatibility document)
- To angle the poles and arm rests:
• Use the D2Z pole clamp and angled shims in our D2Z USP System; or
• Use your existing pole clamp with the D2Z interface plate and angled shims.
We have designed a range of angled shims (10, 15 and 20 degrees) and spacers made in aluminium to offer support and stiffness.
Whilst the D2Z pole clamp and angled shim assembly are designed to be at the min height above the basebar, it may be desirable to increase the height and to maintain good aero so we have made matching spacers with the same profile as the angled shims in heights of 5mm, 10mm and 20mm. Use with a third party angled shim is possible however there will be a step in alignment.
If you want to use your existing pole clamp to tilt the poles and arm rests, our D2Z Interface plate is compatible with most pole clamps with bolt spacing of 20mm-40mm (the D2Z interface plate will only work if you attach risers/spacers by bolting up through the basebar. If you have to bolt down, for example with the Canyon switchplate, the interface plate will not work and you will need to opt for the D2Z Pole Clamp. If you want to achieve perfect alignment between all components (pole clamp, angled shims and spacers) use the D2Z Pole clamp and fairing.
If you are intending to use the angled shims to tilt the arm rests and poles at the same angle (as in picture 1), you will either need to use our D2Z Pole Clamp and our angled shims, or the D2Z Pole clamp interface plate and our angled shims. To make sure these are compatible with your basebar please check the D2Z USP Compatibility document before ordering.
We supply a set of M5 or M6 nuts to allow your shims to be attached to the basebar (for a thru bolt basebar). We assume you have a selection of bolts for attaching the shims as these usually come with your bike/bar. If you require bolts please let us know what length you require in the notes section of your order.
• Made in the UK from 6082 T6 Aluminium
• Black anodized
• Angled shims available in 10, 15 or 20 degrees
• Spacers available in 5mm, 10mm and 20mm
• Angled shims and spacers share the same profile
• See D2Z USP Compatibility Document for compatibility and dimensions
• Supplied as a pair with square nuts (M5 & M6) to attach to the bolt that will have been supplied with your bike for attachment. Please specify M5 or M6 when ordering.