We have designed a range of angled shims (10, 15 and 20 degrees) and spacers made in aluminium to offer support and stiffness.
Whilst the D2Z pole clamp and angled shim assembly are designed to be at the min height above the basebar, it may be desirable to increase the height and to maintain good aero so we have made matching spacers with the same profile as the angled shims in heights of 5mm, 10mm and 20mm.
How to use your shims
- To angle the arm rests only – If you have the traditional twin podium arrangement you can order our Under Arm rest angled shims to tilt just your arm rests; OR
- To angle the poles and arm rests:
If you are looking for solution 2, please see the D2Z USP Compatibility Document to ensure the components are compatible with your system.
If you want to use your existing pole clamp to tilt the poles and arm rests, our D2Z Interface plate is compatible with most pole clamps with bolt spacing of 20mm-40mm (the D2Z interface plate will only work if you attach risers/spacers by bolting up through the basebar. If you have to bolt down, for example with the Canyon switchplate, the interface plate will not work and you will need to opt for the D2Z Pole Clamp). If you want to achieve perfect alignment between all components (pole clamp, angled shims and spacers) use the D2Z Pole clamp and fairing.
We supply a set of M5 or M6 nuts to allow your shims to be attached to the basebar (for a thru bolt basebar). We assume you have a selection of bolts for attaching the shims as these usually come with your bike/bar.
For further details on how the D2Z Interface Plate works please see the Interface Plate Installation Instructions Interface Plate Installation Instructions.
• Made in the UK from 6082 T6 Aluminium
• Black anodized
• Angled shims available in 10, 15 or 20 degrees
• Spacers available in 5mm, 10mm and 20mm
• Angled shims and spacers share the same profile
• See D2Z USP Compatability Document for compatibility and here for dimensions
• Supplied as a pair with square nuts (M5 & M6) to attach to the bolt that will have been supplied with your bike for attachment. Please specify M5 or M6 when ordering.